Keeping a healthy mind is just as important as keeping a healthy body.
Body. Mind. Spirit.
Each morning upon waking I take a few moments to lie in bed in the stillness and think of all the things I can be grateful and thankful for in my life. From the super small to the amazing large things that we sometimes consider small….like actually waking up every morning….that is actually really HUGE!
Getting present in the morning to everyone and everything in my life has me, most days, stay present to what is truly important in my life.
To share with you, today, 1. besides waking up this morning (which I am truly grateful for every morning)
2. I am grateful for my family and friends here in Toronto and in Saskatchewan and ALL over this great world. It lets me know I am not alone and there is ALWAYS someone out there that I care about and they care about me!
3. I am grateful for my bamboo sheets on my bed! As silly or materialistic as that may sound I am someone who over-heats at night and bamboo sheets help to keep me at a good temperature to be able to sleep pretty peacefully!
4. I am grateful that I get to wake up beside my husband who is my best friend and forever boyfriend!
5. I am grateful today for my nephew who is fulfilling his dreams and heading to Texas from Saskatchewan to play football this week!
6. I am grateful to be a step mom to 2 of the most beautiful, smart, funny young women in this world!
7. I am grateful that I got to spend the day with my friend Cheryl and laugh and cry and laugh some more!
8. I am grateful to be able to dance every day and go speak in schools and that it’s even COOLER when I get to do both in the SAME DAY!
9. I am forever grateful for the roof over my head and the food that is on my table each day!
10. I am grateful for dreaming and how some time it makes sense and sometimes…I think I am just hungry because I dream about making food! LOL!
What I can say is that by the time my feet hit the ground in the morning, I am present to life and all the gifts that lie within it and no matter how the day may go, good, bad, sad, however it goes, there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for…..even the simple things like being blessed enough to open my eyes and greet another day!
Mindset is everything in living a life you love.
Love you all,