In this chilly weather I am so clear how hard it can be to get motivated to get out of the house and get to a fitness class. There are times when I don’t want to come out of the house myself but if I didn’t show then there would be no instructor so no matter what my thoughts are about it….I go.
I know I have wrote about this topic before, however, in the cold of winter it is always a good reminder that the hardest part of getting to anything you need or should get to…is simply getting yourself OUT OF THE HOUSE.
Once I am in motion to get somewhere, everything becomes simple. There has never been a moment when I have gotten in the door to whatever event or class it was that I have regretted going once I have gotten there.
A few tips I have to support anyone coming out:
- Bundle up! Layer your clothing so that once you have completed your work out you can keep warm on your way home. OR change before you leave class.
- Come a few minutes early if you can to get settled in and warmed up.
- DO NOT stay home just because it is cold. If you do, you will find a reason to not show up often and before you know it you have no routine for your fitness.
- If you are sick, this is the only time to stay home and rest. Your body needs to be taken care of and if you are sick, give yourself the space to just be sick and rest.
- Do it for YOU! You are worth it. Cold weather or not. Do not be stopped by environment…unless there is a huge ice storm or the news is actually saying to stay home.
- Drink lots of water. Sometimes in colder weather we do not drink as much water because we are not over heating…drink it like you normally do. Stay hydrated!
- Take the 60 minutes of class to get lost in the music, have some fun and de-stress by taking yourself to a tropical place in your mind!
Be the leader of your life and not stopped by environment or your thoughts! Live and play full out! We only got this one life so let’s live it!
Zumba classes are happening!! Check out our Zumba Party Schedule and come join the fun!